- Protect Your Skin From the Summer Sun
- Consider Acupuncture for Incontinence, Not Certain Infertility Cases
- Fewer Americans Hospitalized for Heart Failure
- Senate GOP Leaders Delay Vote on Health Reform Bill
- Shift Work May Affect the Body’s Ability to Repair DNA Damage
- Persistent Mental Distress Ups Mortality in Heart Patients
- Physician Attitude Important Factor in Patients Switching PCP
Ted Lain, MD. Clinical trial investigator Dr. Ted Lain comments on the results of the OPAL study, a Phase 2b clinical trial which evaluated the efficacy of a novel topical gel formulation of the antibiotic minocycline (BPX-01) in reducing the number of inflammatory lesions in patients with moderate-to-severe inflammatory,… Elizabeth M. Swisher, MD. Dr. Elizabeth M. Swisher comments on the implications of new data from the ARIEL2 trial, an ongoing Phase 2 trial of the novel PARP inhibitor rucaparib in relapsed, high-grade serous or endometrioid ovarian cancer. The new results offer an important insight into the genetic mechanisms behind tumor sensitivity… Bert Vogelstein, MD. Investigators at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore used complex mathematical modeling to track mutations driving abnormal cell growth for 32 types of cancer. From their calculations, the researchers believe that the bulk of cancers are caused by random DNA copying errors (replicative mutations).…
Arthrocentesis, with subsequent synovial fluid analysis, is used to determine the cause of arthritis in all cases presenting with joint effusion or…
Thank you for reading my article. Interesting theory. Lots of research is ongoing to figure out the many ways aspirin does it magic.
Times Online / The Sunday Times voted Doctors Lounge as 3rd best ‘Ask an expert’ website.