Back to Cardiology Drug index
Name: Isosorbide dinitrate
Pregnancy Category C
Relaxes vascular smooth muscle with a resultant decrease in venous
and decrease in arterial blood pressure, which reduces left
workload and decreases myocardial oxygen consumption.
Treatment and prevention of angina pectoris
Allergy to nitrates, severe anemia, GI hypermobility
tablets), head trauma, cerebral hemorrhage, hypertrophic
Are you a doctor or a nurse?
Do you want to join the Doctors Lounge online medical community?
Participate in editorial activities (publish, peer review, edit) and
give a helping hand to the largest online community of patients.
Click on the link below to see the requirements:
Doctors Lounge Membership
- CNS: Headache, apprehension, restlessness, weakness, vertigo,
- GI: Nausea, vomiting, incontinence or urine and feces, abdominal pain
- CV: Tachycardia, retrosternal discomfort, palpitations, hypotension,
syncope, collapse, postural hypotension, angina
- Dermatologic: Rash, exfoliative dermatitis, cutaneous vasodilation
- Other: Muscle twitching, pallor, perspiration, cold sweat