Forum Name: Valvular Heart Diseases

Question: Level of Sugar in the Blood

MANAZER - Sat Apr 03, 2004 5:35 am

Dear Sirs,
My fasting blood sugar shows 113. In the last reply I got it states that I am a pre diabetic person. I started walking everyday about 1 hour and started to have a dietary food including lot of raw vegetables and fruits. Is dates are good for me ? somebody talled me the sugar content in Dates are not good for diabetic patients.

Another thing is regarding my sexual problems - I am not getting the desired erection when I want to have even if it comes it stays only for a short time. Though mentally I desire to have sex, physically I am not able to do it because of lack of erection. My age is only 36 and weight now is 75 Kegs with a hieght of 176 cms. Last year due to the similar problems, I had approached a Urologist and he prescribed me Andriol for 3 months after a boold test for hormones. During the treatment the erection were reasonably ok. But when I discontinued it after Doctors advise after three months, it has been returned to its normal stage. I am having lot of mental tensions because of this. I am a married person and my wife's age is 29. After the blood test, I had been told that the required hormone level was very low.

I hope I will get a favourable advise through this esteemed site.

Manazer
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:43 pm

User avatar Dear Abdul-Nazer,

Thank you very much for the update.

You are not diabetic. The only thing that was proven to markedly delay or even prevent diabetes was an exercise program, diet did not make a difference, so there is no need to watch the carbohydrates or the sugars in your diet unless you are trying to lose weight.

Regarding your sexual problem, i can not claim to be a specialist in this kind of diseases but you have to see a specialist in endocrine glands and/or if available a specialist in male reproductive system.

From what you said, it looks that you might have a hormonal problem, so, i would strongly encourage you to go see an endorcine glands specialist.

|