News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cardiology Topics

Question: On Exercise

mdlpena - Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:52 pm

ok... i'm 21, male... family history of heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol... you name it.

anyway, i just wanted to know, if i have high cholesterol and have been having mild chest pains off and on, is it still ok to exercise or should i wait for a doctor give me an OK?
 R. Zein, Pharm D - Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:30 pm

User avatar Dear mdlpena

Excercise is always recommended for patients with hypercholestrolemia, and in fact for every one in general.

This is very important in your case since you already have some risk factors for hypertension, diabetes, etc ( family history) that might predispose you to any of them

However, if you feel that your chest pain is getting worse, and stopping you from doing the normal activities you usually do, i will definitely recommend that you ask your doctor and get it checked.

Thank you very much and i wish you all the best.
 mdlpena - Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:57 pm

thank you so much dr. fardoun. my doctor actually reccommended to see a cardiologist. again, many thanks.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here