News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Sudden rapid heart beat

autumn978 - Mon May 17, 2004 11:10 am

I am a 25 years old female. A few months ago a began getting a sudden rapid heart beat that would last about 5-10 minutes… and then go away… at that time it made me a little nervous but I didn’t think much about it, because I thought it was because I might have had a large dose of caffeine ( I have always had a high intake of caffeine throughout the day)… recently it comes on more frequently and I now feel a slightly warm feeling throughout my body and then I become light headed, shaky and rushed up… I also I feel like I have a chill all over and the palms of my hands get sweaty… After this happens – if I am sitting down and get up and start to move around my pulse begins to speed up. I know that I have carple tunnle syndrom and raynauds , but I notice when these attacks happen, where the effects of the carple tunnle syndrom usually occur, my hand/arm begins to tingle a little…. I also feel a little tightness/ache in my chest while this is occurring … My mother is a diabetic and has extremely high blood pressure….and my father just had a bypass (his sugar and blood pressure are just fine, however he has high cholesterol) . After eating a piece of cake the other day within 20 minutes I tested my blood sugar and it was 85… my blood pressure always runs between 117/120 over 68/80 so everything seems to be fine as far as my sugar and blood pressure. Also, after these attacks I feel very weak for a little while….

Any other thoughts as to what this might be or any help would be appreciate, Thank you

Sandy
 Dr. Russell M - Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:54 am

User avatar Hi!

Your symptoms can be due to disorders of heart rhythm. Two other causes with names that come to mind are carcinoid syndrome and pheochromocytoma. Have you been to the doctor?

bill

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here