News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cardiology Topics

Question: left abdominal pain

Brianna1984 - Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:20 pm

im 21years old female, and for 6 months i've been having left abdominal pains, the pain is uncomfortable and i also get a pulling sensation. i went to the doctors at first they thought i had pelvic inflammatory disease which turned out not to be the case. then i went to the hospital for an ultrasound because the doctor felt that i had an ovarian cyst, which also turned out not to be the case. Please help me!!
 dixiemom8203 - Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:10 pm

Hi Brianna,

I just wanted to give a little input about the issue. I had some similar affects a few months ago but it was on my right side (they assumed it was my appendix...but I have situs inversus so they had to rule that out) they sent me to have an ultrasound done and they didn't find anything...a week or so later I had a sharp pain that made me double over and then within 10 min the pain and previous pressure (pulling) was gone.

I asked my gyno about it considering they didn't find a cyst in the exam but she said it was possible that it was a cyst and it burst (which they want it to do...so don't freak out if this happens to you...) but it just wasn't big enough to see on the ultrasound. They happen and it is normal and more often than so they aren't worried about them bc they are so normal in women (mostly during our menstrual cycle). They come and go but most we don't know are even there.

I hope this helps and good luck to you!!!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here