News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Very scared, heart pain

Tigerlilly - Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:05 pm

sex: female
Past Diagnonses: I have been to the hospital 2 times this week, with recurrent symptoms. the first time, the doctor told me it was just palpitations due to stress. Last night I went and got diagnosed with "Cardiac Dyrhyhmatias" and "Trychamia"...(is that right? also said to get medicine for anxiety.
They prescribed me a beta -blocker called Metoprolol. And assigned me a cardioligist.
I just had a baby October 27th, so Iam under ALOT of stress, Im living with my father and fiance in a 10x10' room. I don't get alot of help with the baby so am very frustrated.
My chest also gets these feeling like it bubbling or "popping" so to speak...
I have a very bad panic disorder, that i have not been on medicine for...what could this be? Im afraid to go out of the house, or be out of bed to long in fear of a heart attack or death... Im very scared
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue May 09, 2006 6:22 am

User avatar Hi Tigerlilly,
Stress and anxiety may certainly produce chest pain/discomfort, however, I certainly hope you have had a cardiology evaluation to rule out any underlying disorder. I would also suggest that you have an evaluation for your panic disorder as there are available treatments as well as counseling to decrease episodes. If you are having such extreme episodes of fear, most likely related to the panic disorder, this needs addressed.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here