Question: Chest pain/arm pain.

SirWence - Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:07 pm

Hello I Would like to state I do have anxiety problems firstly but moving on over a week ago I had an attack where I my pulse felt fast then slow then felt like it skipped a beat.. I woke my father and we said it was just anxiety.. ( I am a 20 year old male and according to my father my family has no real history of heart issues) but since I have been worrying I have a heart issue.. I am checking my pulse often .. finding it harder to sleep and I seem almost always aware of my heart beat.I have been worrying seemingly non stop, I have also Upper back pain and pain in my left arm which has made me think I was having a heart attack..

I took my blood pressure also which I will share.
124/79 pulse 88
124/77 Pulse 101
123/66 Pulse Unknown (forgot to write it)
128/84 Pulse 95
128/84 Pulse 96
125/81 Pulse 97
134/83 pulse 97

and the last one was 136/94 pulse 115

..

I have also had some very bad pains on the best right under the arm pit area and some on the left side of the left breast area.. and in the middle of the chest also.. I am burping fairly often so I don't know if maybe its gas? (and i do have heart burn) I have no past dianoses of any problems with my heart and I used to play sports up to my sophmore year in highschool. I also wanted to add I seem to cough whenever im doing a physical acticity even just walking around (Though I do have allergies) and my ears seem to pop whenever I swallow.

Please get back to me with any advice ! Thanks!

(PS I take Xanax thats the only medication im on)
 SirWence - Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:10 pm

sorry I forgot to add sometimes it can feel like my heart does a flip or a thud then starts normal again.
 mtstanley - Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:13 pm

SirWence:

You need a prescription for peace of mind. You get it by seeing your doctor, having a complete physical including blood workups, chest xray, echocardiogram, 12 lead EKG. From this, your doctor can discuss with you exactly what is going on. Worrying about it, or keeping track of your pulse is of no use except to make you think about it 24x7. Good luck!

|