News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Diagnostics

Question: Congenital anomaly heart more to the left?

lucylu48603 - Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:01 pm

Hello,
A couple years ago I worked at a chiropractic office. I was x-rayed and they were sent to an indepenent doctor. He told me I had a congenital anomaly? He said my heart was a bit larger than normal and more to the left?. I think he said on its side or something. Does this have a name or is it something I should be concerned about?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:22 pm

User avatar Dear Lucylu,

i think it would be best if you get the official report for that chest x-ray.

Why did you have a chest x-ray to begin with and are you having any symptoms?

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 lucylu48603 - Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:04 am

i was just exray'd because they exray everyone coming into the office , as patients, it was an exray of my spine actually i believe, but of course you can see my heart. no sypmtoms really, have had rapid heart beat for no apparent reason on occasion, and recently i believe i have had some anxiety attacks that scare me because it seems like my heart is beating very strenuously. this is actually what made me wonder if there was anything i should be worried about.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:43 am

User avatar Dear LucyLu,

i thought this was a chest x-ray. To be able to judge the size of the heart and its orientation in the chest, you have to have a chest x-ray, not a spine x-ray.

As for your symptoms of strong heart beating, before you can say that you are having a panic attack, unless it is related to stress every time it happens, i would suggest to have an ekg done and all causes of abnormal heart beating looked into before pining it on panic attacks.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here