Forum Name: Cardiology Diagnostics

Question: Congenital anomaly heart more to the left?

lucylu48603 - Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:01 pm

A couple years ago I worked at a chiropractic office. I was x-rayed and they were sent to an indepenent doctor. He told me I had a congenital anomaly? He said my heart was a bit larger than normal and more to the left?. I think he said on its side or something. Does this have a name or is it something I should be concerned about?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:22 pm

User avatar Dear Lucylu,

i think it would be best if you get the official report for that chest x-ray.

Why did you have a chest x-ray to begin with and are you having any symptoms?

lucylu48603 - Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:04 am

i was just exray'd because they exray everyone coming into the office , as patients, it was an exray of my spine actually i believe, but of course you can see my heart. no sypmtoms really, have had rapid heart beat for no apparent reason on occasion, and recently i believe i have had some anxiety attacks that scare me because it seems like my heart is beating very strenuously. this is actually what made me wonder if there was anything i should be worried about.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Jun 25, 2004 10:43 am

User avatar Dear LucyLu,

i thought this was a chest x-ray. To be able to judge the size of the heart and its orientation in the chest, you have to have a chest x-ray, not a spine x-ray.

As for your symptoms of strong heart beating, before you can say that you are having a panic attack, unless it is related to stress every time it happens, i would suggest to have an ekg done and all causes of abnormal heart beating looked into before pining it on panic attacks.

|