Forum Name: Cardiomyopathy

Question: Ejection Fraction

endc12 - Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:28 am

Is there a mathematical approach to estimate the ejection fraction using your blood pressure readings, i.e, (diastolic less systolic) divided by diastolic multiplied by some fudge factor. I believe this will be an invaluable tool to get get a quick assessment of your heart ejection fraction. This is just a thought . Of course, you still need to see your doctor.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:54 pm

User avatar I am not aware of any such function. It would be an interesting thing to determine. Although it may be a complex equation, theoretically it seems as if one would be able to find such a calculation.

It is possible that this exists and I don't know about it. I wasn't able to find it when I researched it.