"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Question: Tingling in Left arm

roachvl - Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:24 pm

I am a 35/f with pain in left side of my chest which travels to my neck. My left arm starts to tingle even if I am moving it. The heart doctor I went to gave me Ibuprofin and side I have an infection in my chest cavity. The pain subsided but when I do not take the Ibuprofin on a daily basis it comes back. My grandpa on my dad's side died of heart failure and my dad's sister died of congestive heart failure. I do smoke about 3 - 5 cigerettes a day and do drink on a occasion. I am really worried because he will not send me in for further test. I do try to excercise but I get out of breathe very easily. I do suffer from astham. I took my blood pressue and it was 123/77 but my pusle was 102. Could you please offer some advice.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:30 pm

User avatar Dear Roachvl,

What you are describing does not strike me as pain of heart origin but rather pain of musculoskeletal origin.

My advice to you is to have an x-ray of your neck to rule out any neck problems.

Thank you very much for using our website and i hope that this information helped.