News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Sensitive on my left side

Chaddo2002 - Tue Jul 20, 2004 9:22 am

About three months ago I was under a little bit of stress and I was sleeping well. Then I started to have a sensitive on my left side. This spot was fairly close to the bottom of the rib cage. When I pressed on it I started to gag. I often had shortness of breath and other such things. Well, since that time my stress has gone away and these symptoms have decreased. However, recently, I have been waking up after sleeping and I am suffering from some painful muscle pains when I move around in bed. It often takes my breath away. I fear there is something wrong? Please let me know what you think is going on. I also think there might be some sort of growth in my abdominal area. But that is not for sure. THanks for your help!
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:30 am

User avatar Hello,
Chest pain can be due to many causes, some of which are in the heart, some in the muscles as you described while others originate from the lung, stomach and related structures. Certain characters for heart pain are:
Pain is usually initiated during activity.
Pain is releaved by rest.
Pain may be accompained by shortness of breath, profuse sweating.

The only risk factor that you have is a family history of heart disease in your grandparents.

I really cant give you a conclusive opinion or a diagnosis for the cause of your symptoms over the internet. If symptoms recurr a physical examination is mandatory.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here