Question: Am I going Crazy

wetodd - Tue May 15, 2007 6:35 pm

Hello my age is 43 and i am a male. 6 years ago I had a attach that sent me to the ER. My father passed away at 42 yes it plays on my mind but he was over weight smoked and had a massive heart attach.

Symptoms were Strong pulse in the left side of my neck discomfort left top chest. Skipping feeling heart beat, dizzy and high blood pressure 160 over something. A volinteer Aumbulance service was there and they sent me ASAP to the Hospital in a City Ambulance. All the doctor said to me at that time was i was in the sun to long even after I had told him I was outside no more than 10 minutes.

Well I still get these sensations even after almost every test ECG Holter, Another one like a holter last much longer. Beta Blockers.
Stress test. Have not had a Atrerial blockage test what ever that one is.

I have now been able to tell when these episoads are coming.
I seem to get a thick mucus in my nasal and neck. Still get the hard beating in my left side neck. Dull discomfort top left chest Dizzy and sometimes sick feeling. Extreme tired feeling after it feel like the heart stops for a couple of seconds and restarts.

this can happen out of the blue and my wife now notices when it occures as it stops me in my tracks with no warning.

I would like to go back to my Doctor but they have found nothing even the Specialist they say somethings like Super Vent Tacy Cardia maybe PVC.

I get the feeling like I am crazy everytime this happens. the worst is that It is not mental as I feel these occurances.

Whats going on.
 Marceline F, RN - Wed May 16, 2007 5:05 am

User avatar Dear Wetodd,
I strongly suggest you ask your cardiologist to allow you to undergo a complete heart evaluation, to include Echodoppler, Carotid doppler, Bilateral subclavian ultrasounds, possibly even Cerebral angiogram. Have they been able to check your blood pressure on BOTH arms during one of your episodes? There is a syndrome called Subclavian Steal Syndrome in which stenosis in the proximal subclavian artery can cause abnormal blood flow to the brain and sometimes to the heart. The quickest check for this is to do blood pressures in both arms. The natural laws of physics includes facts like fluids flow toward the path of least resistance, and if the pressure of the blood toward the brain is unequal L to R, the blood actually drains away from the brain instead of feeding to it. This can cause dizziness, and you could possibly feel the pulse stronger on the non obstructive side. Many things can contribute to cardiac arrhythmias, and it sounds like you need a full hospital stay with complete workup to determine if there is any abnormal pathology or electrical activity regarding your heart. Supraventricular tachycardia can cause some of the sensations you describe as well, and a Nuclear stress test may be of value in the diagnostic workup. Has your cardiologist done or offered any of the above tests? Do you have any of the results of the lab work I am sure they did for you? Is there any particular time of the day these episodes occur? With a strong family history of severe cardiac problems, you should continue to try to find out what is wrong.

|