Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cardiology Topics

Question: chest pain

maki143 - Thu May 17, 2007 11:52 am

I am a 25 yr old female who is having chest pain. Its very speratic ... comes and goes. It feels just like a brain freeze but in my chest. My mom (46) she recently had this pain as well just once. I explained to her what i feel and she said yes thats exactly it like a brain freeze in your chest. I will get it at night more often than not and also sometimes when i lay down for bed. I think of it some what like a woman having contractions.... gets to a high level and then goes back down. Does not last long and doesn't come very often. What is this and is it something I should worry about?
 Marceline F, RN - Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:19 am

User avatar Dear Maki143,
One possible clue to identifying the underlying cause of your pain is the fact that it occurs when you lie down. Gastric acids can cause severe pain under the breast bone - which could be described as "brain freeze" as you state, or cramping, or dull ache. It may also be that your mother suffers from GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) as well as you may. Have you ever tried any over the counter remedies like antacids? If the pain persists, it would be wise to bring it to your primary physician to evaluate. I would hate to see you suffer from something that may be easily remedied! Or worse, have an underlying problem that really does need the input and advice of a doctor!

|