Question: Strange Chest Pain

virgogrl73 - Thu May 17, 2007 6:01 pm

I am a 33 year old female who is significantly overweight. I have been having strange chest pains for the past week and a half. A brief history, 4 1/2 months ago I was admitted into the hospital with massive bilateral pulmonary embolisms (blood clots) due to multiple factors including birth control and sitting for long periods of time (college student studying). I was in the hospital for a week, I had an ecg and an echocardiogram done and was told my heart was in perfect condition. I am now currently on lisinopril because my blood pressure is a little high and warfarin blood thinner, I also take a daily multivitamin. I am extemely stressed, I graduated and am unemployed and can't find a job. I have no health insurance and am thousands and thousands in debt from the hospital stay in addition to all my school loans. About a week and a half ago I started having chest pain, a few times a day I get a quick zap or twinge of pain in the left side of my chest lasting no more than 5 seconds and then it's gone. Sometimes when I yawn, when I exhale I feel a soreness and have had some pain in my upper back by my left shoulder blade which I haven't had in a few days. I've been working on losing weight and was on the treadmill for 30 minutes the other day and was worried but I had no pain at all and everything was fine. Like I said, I just get these twinges of pain a few times a day for a few seconds and then the pain once in a while when I yawn. I was at the doctor last week to get my blood checked because I'm on warfarin and that and my blood pressure were fine. I have no shortness of breath, sharp chest pain, or any other symptoms. I don't think it's blood clot related because I'm on the blood thinners and don't have any of the same symptoms as previously. Could this be stress related? Has anyone experience anything similar to this? I read somewhere that if pain comes and goes it's probably not cardiac but who knows. I'm trying to prevent a bunch of expensive tests considering I have no insurance and was in the hospital recently. Thanks.
 virgogrl73 - Thu May 17, 2007 6:08 pm

I went for a ct lung scan 2 months ago and my lungs were clear so no more clots.

|