News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Valvular Heart Diseases

Question: Hip and Testicle pain

alphacon - Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:30 pm

I’ve been experiencing pain in the lower left of my back and hip for about 2 months now. About a month ago I noticed that my left epididymis was swollen so i went to my doctor to see what she thought. See sent me to a urologist for my testicles and a chiropractor for my back and hip.

The Urologist found no cancer, and no urinary problems. The Chiropractor has helped the pain in my back but my hip and epididymis is still in pain.

Could it be something that the doctors aren’t seeing.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:12 am

User avatar Hi Alphacon,

It is possible that your hip pain is actually referred pain from your testes. If your testicle or epididymis becomes inflamed it can cause the hip and groin/inside thigh area to hurt.

If your epididymis is inflamed it may be due to infection, repeated trauma (such as pressure from tight clothing, etc.) or a blockage in the draining ducts. I would recommend you follow up with your urologist for a re-evaluation. If your urologist agrees, it may be worth a trial of antibiotics to see if there is an infection lingering.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here