Forum Name: Valvular Heart Diseases

Question: Hip and Testicle pain

alphacon - Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:30 pm

I’ve been experiencing pain in the lower left of my back and hip for about 2 months now. About a month ago I noticed that my left epididymis was swollen so i went to my doctor to see what she thought. See sent me to a urologist for my testicles and a chiropractor for my back and hip.

The Urologist found no cancer, and no urinary problems. The Chiropractor has helped the pain in my back but my hip and epididymis is still in pain.

Could it be something that the doctors aren’t seeing.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:12 am

User avatar Hi Alphacon,

It is possible that your hip pain is actually referred pain from your testes. If your testicle or epididymis becomes inflamed it can cause the hip and groin/inside thigh area to hurt.

If your epididymis is inflamed it may be due to infection, repeated trauma (such as pressure from tight clothing, etc.) or a blockage in the draining ducts. I would recommend you follow up with your urologist for a re-evaluation. If your urologist agrees, it may be worth a trial of antibiotics to see if there is an infection lingering.

|