Forum Name: Clots & Anticoagulants

Question: Artery pain?

ama_nan - Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:16 am

My neck feels tight and sometimes hurts but in the area of where the arteries are. I have to know what would cause this

Also, on the right side of my neck I can see the blue vien that runs there. I thought that is a symptom of Heart failure and do I need to worry?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:34 am

User avatar Dear ama_nan,

Thank you very much for the update.

Arteries do not hurt, the pain that you are feeling is most probably related to the muscles and or the skin in the area overlying the artery and that is why you think it is the artery that hurt.

Regarding the neck veins. You can see the superficial neck veins in some people normally. There is no need to worry about that. Seeing neck veins is not at all a specific sign for heart failure.

|