News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Clots & Anticoagulants

Question: Lump on inside upper thigh

Just_A_Runner - Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:25 am

1. 18
2. Male
3. N/A
4. N/A
5. N/A
6. N/A

I have a lump the size of a pea just under the skin on the inside of my left thigh. It's been there for 5 months. I am able to pinch it between my fingers. Although it does hurt to touch. I am a competitive long distance runner and train all year long. I'm very slender, but it still hurts when my thighs slightly rub together while running. What could this be?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:00 am

User avatar Hi Just_A_Runner,

Most likely you are feeling a lymph node. The inguinal/femoral chain runs in this area.

Another possibility is a lipoma. This is a collection of fat cells that are harmless. If they get irritated they can often easily be removed.

I would suggest you have your doctor take a look the next time you are in for a check up.

Best wishes.
 Just_A_Runner - Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:02 am

Thank you very much!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here