Forum Name: Clots & Anticoagulants

Question: Pain and breast lumping from swollen lymph node under arm

shaylon - Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:40 am

I am a 34 year old female who has been on birth control pills for two months. 3 years ago I had a lump under my left arm checked which turned out to be a swollen lymph node. I was told by the doctor that no treatment was necessary. Two days ago I noticed some breast pain in my left breast and yesterday I noticed the swollen lymph node had doubled in size and hurt if I touched it. Today the breast on that side (left) has started lumping up similar to how it did when I was nursing my babies, who are now ages 12 and 8. My arm and left breast now hurt when I move or bump them. About six months ago I had some brown discharge (did not appear to be blood) in both my breasts, but no pain.(Prior to this, I had not had any breast discharge in seven years) Do you have any advice about what I should do? The pain keeps getting worse as my breast gets lumpier.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:11 am

User avatar Hello - While your doctor felt the earlier problem was of no special importance, this should not be still going on and something is not right. It's difficult to tell at a distance what may be going on, but it sounds as though it is, at the very least, something which is causing discomfort and possibly some disfiguring if left untreated.

Good luck to you, and please keep us updated.

|