Forum Name: Clots & Anticoagulants

Question: Exanta as an alternative to Warfarin

ahoare - Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:09 am

Hello

I have Anti-phospholipid (Hughes) syndrome and have recently read about Exanta. I am not sure whether it is generally available in the UK or if it is cheap enough for prescription by the National Health system but wouldlike to know if it can be considered as a substitute for Warfarin. I have to keep an INR of 2.0 or so and have been on 8mg of Warfarin p.d. for over 2 years now.
Antony
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:39 am

User avatar Hi Antony,
I think Exanta is available in the UK only for clinical trials. Data is still coming in. We do not know everything about this drug. Of particular importance is the issue of liver toxicity. However, from the data that is available till now exanta looks like a promising alternative to warfarin. Please have a look at our exanta page for more info.

|