Forum Name: Valvular Heart Diseases

Question: Bean Stuck In Throat

Neko Hibiki - Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:54 pm

Last night I was eating Bush's Baked Beans. I was laughing at something I read on the internet. A bean went down my breathing passage instread of my food passage. It's still there. I can feel it, what do I do to dislodge it?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:25 pm

User avatar Hi Neko Hibiki,

If you are unable to remove the bean by coughing I would recommend that you see your doctor for an examination. If large pieces of organic matter stay in the airway they can cause inflammation and give areas for pneumonias to start.

In cases where nothing else is successful, occasionally the physicians will need to use a small camera with a gripping tool to go in and remove the object. This is done under sedation so it isn't too traumatic.

|