Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cardiology Topics

Question: Purple arms and feet, cold to the touch

ANH93 - Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:07 pm

I am eighteen years old, female, and have not had any serious medical problems since I was a child. When I was a baby, and then again when I was around seven, I had a seizure. I was not told the exact details, ect., nor do I believe any of my past medical history is related to the question I am about to pose.

Two years ago, mid-2005, I woke up to go to school and was feeling very cold and weak. I put on a hooded sweatshirt and attempted to dress, but could not find the energy. Later in the day I discovered that my hands were dark purple and blotchy, and also shaking. I was sent to the doctors, and then (when the doctors could not draw blood from a prick in my fingers), to the hospital.

Everyone on my mother's side of the family has tiny veins. At the hospital the doctors had to do a little something they called the "butterfly", and drew blood from around one of my elbows. The blood was sent off for testing, I was given heating pads for my hands, and was sent home.

The results of the blood test came back normal; my blood was not brown or another unusual color.

Last year I discovered that the purple color in my hands had spread halfway up my forearm. Now, in 2007, the purple color has creeped all the way up to my shoulders, and my feet are also purple.

My temperature usually lingers around 95 degrees, and I shake constantly, sometimes to the point where I cannot write with a pencil. I am tiring more and more easily these days, and though it is summer, I've worn sweaters to sleep in nearly every night.

What is wrong with me? Should I be seriously concerned?
 ANH93 - Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:11 pm

I was told that it could have something to do with my heart, but have not been for tests on my heart yet. ...Should I go?

|