News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Chestpains, and fainted

worriedloads - Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:08 pm

Hello, please please, can someone offer me some help.

I am a 37 year old man, totally average life, little over weight, maybe 2stone. smoker (though have stopped now for 1 week)..

I have been having chest pains for a possibly 2 months on and off, though of late they are far worse, and more often.

Last week, while my wife was in A&E having stitches in her hand, i fainted. Now not wanting to prove my manliness, this was not due to the sights or anything like that. i had cleaned her up, bandaged her and watched them stitch her. We were actually on our way out when i fainted. I knew for possibly 5 mins before that i was not well. i had ecg done, which they said came as abnormal, then said it was nothing to worry about so that confused me to start.

My fathers side of the family has terrible heart history my grandfather had a heart attack at 40, and died at 55 from another. my father had his at 42 and after many problems was solved to this day by inserting stents

the pain i have now has been for the past 3 days almost constant. a dull feeling in the middle of my breastbone, like someone leaning on me. Ive also had pain in my shoulder blades at times. The biggest worry is a feeling in my chest, i cant really describe, its as if there is a flutter of wind and a feeling of something about to happen with great speed, like a build up of something, that doesn't happen.

I had blood tests done while in A&E and nothing came up.

Im seeing my Dr tomorrow and have no idea what i should expect, or ask about etc

im really quite worried now after finding out my family history.

i know its hard to give a medical opinion from words, but does the above ring any bells?

many thanks

martin
 worriedloads - Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:22 pm

I forgot to add, the past few days ive felt again as if im going to faint, thought not as bad as when i actually did
 worriedloads - Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:37 pm

Does no one offer any help anymore on this site then ?
 worriedloads - Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:08 pm

what a great help

why have a forum like this if no one offers any help ?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here