News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Left side of chest tingling radiates to back of head

anjalismom - Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:52 pm

I am 35 yo female. For the last 4 days I have intermittently experienced a tingling chest pain on the left side of my chest (almost on my side near bottom of breast) that will feel like it is radiating up the left side of my neck and to the back of my head. It only lasts for a few seconds to a couple minutes and then I feel fine. No problems breathing (although I did have a very nasty cold about 6 weeks ago, and still have a lingering cough from it). I am resting when it happens and have not experienced it while I am moving around. I am not on any medications. My most recent blood pressure was 140/82 while I was at the oral surgeons in July 2007, although this is the highest it has ever been. In April I was refused from the blood center because my iron level was too low. I am overweight (5' 5", 290 lbs) and am therefore concerned of this possibly stemming from my weight. I am very concerned as it has been four days and is still happening. Should I see my family dr or is this something that could go away with time? Thank you very much for any insight anyone could provide me.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:24 am

User avatar Hello,

We will always tell you that you must be evaluated in person. Its impossible to assess your case properly over the internet. That said, there are many causes of chest pain. Your obesity does put you at risk.

The chest pain you describe is not typical of cardiac chest pain - although nothing can be ruled out. At the same time, disc problems of the neck can sometimes lead to dermatomal pain and tingling in the chest and can be accompanied by pain in the neck.

Please check with your doctor and update your thread here after your visit.

Good Luck!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here