Forum Name: Cardiology Diagnostics

Question: Cardiogram

manuello - Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:31 am

I would like to ask a question about my relative.
The question is following: he is a young boy of 16 years old, last period has certain problems of heart, when he plays (for example) he is becoming tired very soon in comparison with his friends and what is most important, and may be even dangerous (hope not as dangerous as it seems to me) sometimes he has pain in heart.

Could anyone explain what is the problem and how can we deal with it?
For this reason I think it is better if you look at the
cardiogram of the heart, but I do not know how to upload it here...

Thank you very much in advance
 manuello - Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:24 am

Can anyone help me in uploading the electro cardiogram? (if it is possible)
 d.soares - Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:42 pm

I believe you need to host it on imageshack, photobucket or something else, then link the image here. I don't see any "attachment" option in this forum.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:54 pm

While a look at his EKG would be extremely helpful, it may well not be adequate by itself to explain what the problem may be. Because of his young age, if there is any actual heart problem it is probably structural and present from birth. The types of congenital structural heart disorders are numerous and range from the fairly benign to the rather dangerous. The exercise intolerance and chest pain suggest he may suffer from hypertrophy of the heart muscle, which must be followed by a cardiologist and can often be managed medically. However, the symptoms could also be due to something less serious, such as prolapse of the mitral valve.

If you are able to find a way to upload an image of his EKG, that might be of some help in determining what may be wrong, but he certainly should be examined by a cardiologist. Hopefully the problem is not very serious.

Please let us know if you can find any more information. Best of luck to you.

|