Question: First degree heart block

brodron - Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:07 am

My recent check up indicated that i am on the borderline for first degree heart block. I have searched about heart blocks but may I just know what sor of things/medications (?) are generally administered for people who have this? Also, is this reversible? Will the heart return to normal given proper care/medication?

Thank you and hope to hear from you on this.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:16 pm

User avatar Dear Brodron,

What made you have an ecg to begin with?

What you said does not mean that you have first degree heart block. Just that you are on the upper end of normal range for something called atrioventricular conduction which conduction of the electrical impulse of the heart from the atria to the ventricles through some sort of a hub called atrioventricular node. This hub normally delays the impulses and it is different for each person and there is a normal range for this condution, it is not a fixed value. You are at that upper end. That's it.

You don't have to worry about this. There is nothing you can take for it.

If you are worried, all you have to do is to get an ecg every year.

|