Question: Turned heart, pains in the chest for over a week

bluegirl000 - Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:20 am

For the past week i have had a sharp pain as well as dull pain extending out, the pain is nearly in the middle of my chest but about an inch towards my right side. Pain goes from there and in under my right breast up high , and under my armpit. Sometimes the pain radiates from the front of the chest to my shoulder at the back. The pain seems to get worse when i am stressed or doing anything physical. I am tired all the time and it feels like someone is sitting on my chest.

My question is should i be concerned about these symtoms? As i don't know wether it is common to have these symtoms with my heart being where it is or not.

32 years old, female

Had a ecg years ago because of pains in the chest, was told that my heart faces the wrong way, that where there should be up pins there is down pins on the readout, and the readout comes out as left reading right, and right reading left like the wires are attached to the wrong sides. Nothing else was done.

There is heart disease and high blood pressure in my family.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:33 am

I hope you are feeling better by now. A 'turned' heart isn't a risk factor for heart disease per se. Chest pain in a young menstruating female is less likely to be due to heart disease - however we have a great article written by one of our cardiologists, Dr. Madia that addresses the various causes of chest pain in young females.

To view it please click here!

I think given the exertional nature of your symptoms, and the fact that they have lasted for a week that you should seek medical attention if you are still experiencing them.

Best regards and Happy New Year!

|