"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Clots & Anticoagulants

Question: Warfarin, DVT & Marijuana

thumbelina - Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:57 pm

I am a 24 year old female with a massive DVT of the left leg. It is a first time occurance and developped after a fall down the stairs.

I was wondering if it is alright to smoke marijuana while on warfarin for a DVT.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:00 pm

User avatar Smoking is a risk for overall development of vascular disease, lung cancer, etc. just like cigarettes. You would be wise to avoid it for many reasons; DVT is just one of those.

Wishing you the best in the healing of this problem.