Forum Name: Arrhythmias

Question: my holter pvcs report

jabara777 - Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:01 pm

Patient name:abdel-hadi hasan ID:9 DOB:18 Sep 2007

The patient is a 0-year –old male. The patient is 174 cm tall and weighs 79 kg.
.
Recording Overview
The patients recording was started on 18 Sep 2007 at 12:17 PM . The recording was completed on 19 Sep 2007 at 11:38 AM . Recording time was 23 hours 21 minutes . The average heart rate was 66 BPM . The minimum heart rate was 48 BPM at 4:55 AM on 19 Sep. The maximum heart rate was 96 BPM at 4:13 PM on 18 Sep. Total QRS count for this
There were 45 artifact triggers, which represent 0.0% of the total recording was 94287
QRScount .

Summary of Holter Events
The patient initiated 24 markers during the test. There were 106 pauses detected using a setting of > 1.5 sec. The longest pause was 1.9 sec. And occured at 8:58 PM on 18 Sep.
There were no Tachycardias. There were no Bradycardias.

There were 7526 PVC. These represent 8.0% of the QRS count total. The highest PVC count of 617 was noted on 19 Sep around 2:47 AM. Of these PVC, 21 WERE couplets, none were triplets, and 1 was PVC Tachycardia. The longest PVC Tachycardia episode was 2.3 sec. With a rate of 80 BPM and occured at 6:59 AM on 19 Sep.

There were 18 PAC. These represent 0.0% of the QRS count total. The highest PAC count of 7 was noted on 18 Sep around 8:47 PM. Of these PAC,1 was couplet, non were triplest , and non were SV tachycardias.

There were no absolute arrhythmias detected.

No ST depression episodes (>2.0 mm) were detected in channel 1. No ST depression episodes (>2.0 mm) were detected in channel 2.
hi for all
any comment or advice i appreciate too much
i am male 51 old
pvcs diagnoses
no surgaries at all
very good heart family history
my pvcs start at 1976 but these 10 days increase as shown in holter
ativan 1 mg 2 times daily
10 mg propranolol inderal 3 times daily
my drug dose depent on intensity of pvcs
warm regards
hadi
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:20 pm

User avatar Hi Jabarra777,

I apologize for the delay in responding to your post. Unfortunately, I cannot give you an absolute opinion about your holter report because I am not a cardiologist. I can tell you what I know, though.

There are some reassuring things seen on your holter tracings. First, there is not ST depression. ST depression is an early indicator of heart ischemia. It's presence would indicate that there is a problem getting enough bloodflow to the heart to keep in nourished. Second, there were no absolute arrthymias seen. This indicates that while there were PVC's, there were no dangerous rhythms like ventricular fibrillation.

I'm uncertain as to the significance of the number of PVC's that you are having. There was one PVC tachycardia seen. This means that there were more than three in a row of PVC's that occurred at that point. However, the rate was only 80 so this was not as significant as having this happen at a rate of 150 or 170. The slower rate indicates that the rhythm most likely did not decompensate into a non-perfusing rhythm.

So, basically, I don't see anything imminently life threatening in this but I certainly recommend you follow up with your cardiologist regarding the number of PVC's you are having. You may need a cardiac stabilizing medicine if this number is too high.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

|