News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Clots & Anticoagulants

Question: Blurry vision in my left eye - cause for concern?

mtstreet - Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:09 pm

Hi all,

Soon after I got to work this morning the vision in my left eye all of a sudden became blurry and it kept getting worse. I thought it would pass quickly but it lasted for about ten minutes or more.

I wondered if it might be a TIA but I didn't have any other symptoms. I didn't get confused and I don't recall any numbness anywhere, though I have had some pains in my left arm lately and tingling in my hands. I don't recall any pain anywhere else in my body.

The only problem I've been experiencing lately is a bit of sinus problem with our changeable weather. Could this have caused the blurriness? Or could this have possibly been a TIA with no other symptoms?

It's probably nothing, but just thought I'd see if anyone has been through the same thing. I'm debating whether or not to contact my doc - I hate to seem like an alarmist.

I'm Female, 51, and had an aortic valve replacement/aneurysm repair in 1999. I'm on Warfarin and Tegretol for a seizure disorder. Had an echo last year and all was fine.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Cheers!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:28 pm

User avatar Hi Mtstreet,

I'd recommend you see your doctor for an evaluation. This may have been an acute attack of glaucoma. Glaucoma is an increase in pressure in the eye. It can be a serious issue if it continues.

There are other possibilities. I think a TIA is less likely but possible. Your doctor can help determine if further tests are needed and get a better sense of what is going on.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here