News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cardiology Topics

Question: Am I having heart or blood vessel problem?

starshine - Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:30 pm

I am a female aged 38 years old. I have 2 questions to ask hope you can give me some advice. My father has high blood pressure and Type 2 diabeties.

1. In the past, I had experienced on and off kind of chest pain, usually on my LHS and the pain usually go down to my left arm. It stopped after a few minutes. It usually occured when I'm stressed up.
At about 2 years ago, I went for an ECG test and it was cleared.

Recently I realised that the frequency has increased and I even start to have the pain around my left jaw and left arm. The pain is sometimes mild and sometime strong. Again it lasted just a couple of minutes and stopped. Recently it even occur when I'm not stress up.

2. The back of my neck seems to be rather tensed up and when I rest my neck against something solid such as dining chair, something like leaning back to rest my head, my neck just below the skull become numb! I didn't have this problem before.

Is it normal? Has anything wrong with me??
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:47 pm

User avatar Hi Starshine,

Regarding your chest pain I would recommend you see your doctor again to readdress the heart issue. It is best to be safe when the heart is concerned.

Regarding your head pain, it sounds like you may be having some tension causing your nerves that supply the back of the head to be more sensitive than normal. So, when you lean on the back of your neck it is causing more irritation of the nerve.

Your doctor can help evaluate this also.

Bets wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here