News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Valvular Heart Diseases

Question: Upper left chest pressure; left arm pain/tingling

Meredith_Pierson - Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:46 am

I a 41-year-old female. Diagnosed with aortic aneurysm and aortic regurgitation a few years ago. Take meds for high blood pressure. Had pulmonary embolism 2 years ago. No prior surgeries. Get echos every 6 months to 1 year for f/u. Past couple weeks, I've had pressure/pain in the upper chest area (almost by my shoulder), as well as left arm pain/pressure/tingling/weakness. Can this be associated with my diagnosis, or it is something I should f/u w/my cardiologist about now (I don't have an appt w/him until Feb. 2008)? No family history of heart problems. Thanks!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:10 am

User avatar This certainly could be symptoms of concern. If I were you I would see a doctor soon; not wait for your February appointment. It may not be anything, but it is better to be safe. You could schedule with your family doctor to begin with if that appointment is more expedient.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here