News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Clots & Anticoagulants

Question: Strange bruise

Paul2007 - Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:15 pm

I've recently had a bruise appear out of nowhere on the inner side of my right arm, on the bicep. I know i havent banged it on anything. Its about 3 inch in diameter, and a dark purple color. Now whats strange is the centre of it is white, the same white as a scar. And where its white, a lump has formed. I've had it for a week now, the bruising has'nt gone down, and the lump hasnt grown, not from what i can tell anyway. Does anyone have any ideas on what it may be?

I'm going to the doctors in a week, just wondering if its a simple bruise or maybe something else.

Thanks for any help on the matter

/Paul
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:53 am

User avatar Hi Paul,

It may be that a blood vessel has broken in your arm. This can occasionally happen without much of a hit to it. It may have been that you moved it or lifted something causing some increased pressure in the vein leading to it breaking. The vein will heal on its own without difficulty.

Bruises, especially large ones, can take several days before they begin to resolve and full resolution can take a few weeks.

If it isn't getting better it is a good idea to have it checked out, though.

Best wishes.
 Paul2007 - Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:16 pm

Thanks,

The bruising has faded a little, but the bump is around the same size.

Thanks again,

Paul

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here