Forum Name: Heart Failure

Question: Cardiomyopathy and period problems

pokey - Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:37 pm

I'm a 45 year old woman who was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy 2 years ago and i didn't get a period for six months it has been on and off since the last time i had it, it lasted a month. I havn't had one in over a month but two days ago I passed a blood clot about the size of a lemon and I threw up right after and i passed another clot about the same size the next day and then today also, but there is no bleeding before or after, could this have something to do with my heart disease.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:49 pm

User avatar Dear Pokey,

If your heart disease is severe, you might have any combination of menstrual abnormalities. You are 45 years old, this could be the start of menopause.

i recommend that you see your gynecologist to have this checked out. At this age, there is also a risk of cancer of the uterus which shoud be excluded.

|