News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Hypertension

Question: My mother Hypertension please help us

mkkg2004 - Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:45 pm

Age 60
Female
High Blood Pressure
No surgeries except the yellow gland on lever removal before 10 years (small stones).
mother and father (my grandfathers has High blood pressure).
here is an echo made after my mother BP goes 20/10 after a big problems and my mother never exceed this pressure since the biggening of it since 10 years and one time before one year it reached the 18/10. but after we made an echo the following results appeared in the same day once it reached 20/10 in the recent time showing the following results:
ECHO:
• Mild dilated L.V. and normal L.A.
• Normal mitral valve.
• Mild thickening of aortic valve * atherosclerosis).
• No Focal septal dyskinase.
• No pericardial effusion.
• Mild hypertrophied I.V.S.
• Normal L.V.wall motion.

• L.V.E.D. = 59mm N(36-56mm)

• L.V.E.S. = 41mm N(25-41mm)

• I.V.S. = 13 mm N(6-11mm)

• L.A. = 33mm N(19-39mm)

• A.A. = 29mm N(20-36mm)

• R.V = 32mm N(9-25mm)

• E.F = 60 /

• Conclusion: Mild dilated L.V with hypertrophied of I.V.S * systemic hypertension).

is the marked mild terms and the theckining because of the day it reached the 20/10 or it is accumelated through the ten years she suffered from the high blood pressure. please tell me the truth GOD bless you and thank you so so much.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:15 pm

User avatar Hello Mkkg2004,

Often with hypertension, echocardiograms are done to look for changes of the heart due to the hypertension. While a blood pressure of 200/100 can be dangerous, these intermittent spikes in blood pressure generally do not lead to changes of the heart. The changes seen on an echocardiogram generally represent compensation for long standing hypertension.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here