Question: Recurring chest pains

preity273 - Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:44 am

For a while now, i have had severe chest pain, lasting for only about a minute or so. A couple of days ago, i collapsed to the floor because the pain was horrible (but mostly, my left arm, of all places, started to hurt badly). I was brought to the ER, and when they checked my pulse and BP, it was through the roof, so the doc ordered all sorts of tests, but nothing showed up. He told me that everything is normal, but i still get the pains and when i not doing any activity whatsoever.

Is that normal? Is it possible that there could be other causes? I'm 20 years old and no one i know has had any of the following symptoms which is what really gets me all worried.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:51 am

User avatar You said something was "through the roof" - did you mean your blood pressure? If so, then everything was not fine. If you mean that the blood pressure was high but then back to normal, it is possible you had some kind of transient situation that caused strange symptoms but has not been repeated so it is impossible to diagnose. I would get a follow up appointment with your regular doctor but if it never happens again you may never know what caused this. As smart as we are and with all the technology we have, there are still some things that are unexplained.

|