News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: GASTRITIS OR HEART ATTACK

MOMA - Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:45 pm

I AM 30 Y/O WITH FAMILY HISTORY OF HEART DISEASE AND DIABETES. SINCE LAST YEAR I WAS GIVEN A MANAGER POSITION AT MY JOB AND SINCE THEN HAVE BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY UPPER STOMACH AREA OR ESPHAGEAL AREA. THEN IN OCTOBER MY UNCLE PASSED AWAY VERY SUDDENLY AT 54 Y/O DUE TO A HEART ATTACK, SINCE THEN I HAVE BEEN TO THE HOSPITAL 2-3 TIMES BECAUSE MY CHEST HURTS MY ARMS START TO TINGLE I FEEL I CANT BREATH AND I FEEL VERY LIGHTHEADED AND DIZZY. THEY DID ALL TYPES OF BLOOD WORK AND A CT SCAN OF MY CHEST AND LUNGS AND EVERYTHING CAME BACK FINE. I WENT AND GOT A MASSAGE AND WENT TO SEE A CHIROPRACTOR AND STARTED TO FEEL ALOT BETTER. THEN I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT, AND SUDDENLY ALL MY SYMPTOMS WENT AWAY. I JUST RECENTLY HAD THE BABY ABOUT 4 MONTHS AGO, AND MY SYMPTOMS HAVE COME BACK. I HAVE CHEST PAIN, PAIN UNDER MY LEFT BREAST, TINGLING AND SOME NUMBNESS IN THE ARMS ESPECIALLY THE RIGHT ARM, LIGHTHEADEDNESS AND DIZZINESS. I DON'T KNOW IF ITS MY HEART OR MAYBE JUST GASTRITIS WHICH THEY TOLD ME I HAD IN THE HOSPITAL OR MAYBE JUST ANXIETY THAT I GIVE MYSELF AND MAYBE ITS JUST ALL DUE TO BAD POSTURE.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:26 pm

User avatar Hi Moma,

Your pain sounds like it may be due to gastritis or even stress related. These can cause pain very similar to heart pain. However, having said that, the heart is nothing to mess around with. I would suggest you see your primary doctor for an evaluation. Once the heart has been ruled out as the cause you can try various treatments for gastritis, etc. until you are able to find a way to relieve your symptoms (acid blockers, etc.).

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here