News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: feeling faint & rapid heartrate

Chery159 - Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:52 pm

I am a 48 year old female with past history of arrythmia diagnosed non-life threatening, I excercise 6 days a week, cardio and weight training, however, after climbing only one flight of stairs, standing still, or putting my arms over my head I become faint and weak, and my heartrate becomes rapid which in turn also induces my arrythmia. I also notice if I just keep moving at a moderate rate it will pass. Other symptoms that may or may not be of significance are an enlarged neck vein, and an extremely strong abdominal aortic beat. I have always, since a small child been unable to endure high intensity sports without feeling faint. I can however, jog, do moderate aerobic activity without any problems. I am being treated for Hashimotos thyroiditis which is controlled, and have been checked for anemia and electrolyte imbalance.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:57 pm

User avatar Hi Chery159,

I would recommend you see your doctor about this. It sounds like you may have some problems with low blood pressure that may be being exacerbated by the things you mention. They may also be inducing a heart rhythm that is compromising blood flow some causing the symptoms you are feeling.

If you have a cardiologist that sees you it would be good to follow up with him about this.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here