Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cardiology Topics

Question: Pain below armpit,back and Left forearm

bdharavat - Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:18 pm

I am 34 years old and has a family history of heart problem.I am having pain below Left armpit .I also get pain in left forearm and ring finger.This pain is not constant but is on and off. My B.P is on higher side 90/140.But i am not on medication.There is constant gas problem.My ECG report comes always abnormal.Some doctors told me that this is not related to heart problem and is mostly gastric.In 2005 I had chest pain and my stress test was not good.

So pls can you guide me as to what I should consider this.Is it a gastric problem or heart problem.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:56 pm

User avatar Hello Bdharavat,

Your pain may be due to several causes but I am concerned that you have had abnormal EKG's and stress tests. The pain in your arm could potentially be from cardiac pain. I would strongly recommend that you follow up with your doctor about this. GI pain can present similarly; however, being wrong about the heart can be dangerous.

Unfortunately, due to limitations of the internet, I cannot say that this is or is not related to your heart.

Follow up with your doctor is important.

|