News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: "Cold left hand and foot"

jswampy - Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:23 pm

For almost 6 months every other day my left hand has feels colder then my right,my wife has felt and she has also said my left hand was cold.On new years i went to the store and my foot did not have the streangth to lift my shoe,my foot sort of hung.I could move my foot side to side,lift my weight with my calf but i could not lift it..i have no headaches or anything....my wisdom teeth are coming out thats it.(they hurt)....i never seen a doctor and i'm wondering real bad,am i ok?what can cause this?
 Dr. A. Madia - Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:13 pm

User avatar Hi,

Your left hand feels colder than right but you haven't said if its your left or right foot that you are unable to lift. For the purpose of this discussion I presume it to be the left.

Unable to lift the foot or 'Foot Drop' is most commonly caused by injury or compression to the leg nerve called ' Lateral Peroneal Nerve' This is mostly reversibe-unless it is a grave injury- and recovers in a few days time.

Another common reason for such weak foot is uncontrolled or undetected Diabetes Mellitus which will cause the nerve dysfunction and foot drop.

Compression at the cord level can be the reason for your kind of symptoms where both the left arm and hand which feels cold and the foot which drops. here the causative factor is some disk disease at both the levels.

You may get in touch with your doctor and she will advise you the necessary tests to undergo to arrive at the correct diagnosis.

Apurva

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here