Forum Name: Clots & Anticoagulants

Question: Rolling round bump on finger - cause for concern?

sof - Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:46 pm

Just found a smaller than pea-sised round bump on the side of my middle finger, in the middle of the lower phalange. What worries me is that it rolls under my skin. Could it be a clot? Should this be something to worry about and see a doctor ASAP, or could it be something else?
Thanks in advance.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:51 pm

No, this would not be a clot according to your description.

I wonder if it is a ganglion cyst, most often found on wrists but they also appear on fingers. If so it is harmless and fluid filled. Usually these resolve on their own so you can watch and wait.

If it starts to cause pain or bothers you in any way, you should have a doctor look at it to decide what your options are. Sometimes they recur, even with treatment. Since we can't give you a definite diagnosis here, it would be best to show this to your health care provider when you get the chance.

|