News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Diagnostics

Question: Frequent/Constant Chest pains since 7-8 months!!!

shashi_kolhe - Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:01 am

Hi,

Let me start with introducing myself. I am an Indian male 30yrs old 5feet 6inches tall and a bit overweight i.e. 198 lbs.
About 7-8 months back while coming home from office I suddenly started feeling breathless and had started sweating..and my Blood Pressure had gone upto 170/100..hence I feared I was having a heart attack and rushed to the ER. There they ran all kinds of tests on me, the results of all of them were normal. I have mentioned the details of these reports below.
Then they sent me back saying that it was probably just the acidity or anxiety..(Let me also tell you that till this day I was a heavy smoker..almost a pack a day and was drinking alcohol occasionally..now its been more than 7-8 months since I quit smoking completely and don’t drink more that a drink or two once or twice in a month)

But after this episode I have always been getting these weird chest pains..sometimes in the left below my nipple or below the last rib or sometimes in the right near nipple or near/below the ribs..and sometimes its in the center..and sometimes just below the ribs…these pains keep coming back everyday..4-5 times a day or sometimes just once in 2-3 days..though these pains don’t last for more than a minute most of the times..
I have been to all kinds of doctors and everyone sent me back saying that I was just fine..
But these occurrences still scare me, as if I am getting a heart attack..PLEASE HELP..also I exercise everyday..i.e.walk for about 2-3 miles and then do yoga and meditation for about 45 minutes.

Stress Test Results (Date- 23 JUN 2007)
No significant ST changes
Normal Sinus Rhythm
Normal Haemodynamic response
Good Effort tolerance
Stress Test negative for inducible ischemia

Blood test Results (Date- 23 JUN 2007)
Haemoglobin - 14.6 gm/dl
RBC - 5.0 mill/cumm
Platelet count - 3,14,000/cumm
WBC - 12,400/cumm

Biochemistry Report Results (Date- 23 JUN 2007)
Sr. Creatinine - 0.9 mg% (Normal)

Lipid Profile Results (Date 01 JUL 2007)
Sr. Cholesterol - 178 mg/dl
Sr. Triglycerides - 167 mg/dl
Sr. HDL - 33 mg/dl
Sr. LDL - 111.6 mg/dl
Sr. VLDL - 33.4 mg/dl
HDL ratio - 5.394
LDL:HDL ratio - 3.382
Remark - CHD risk is average

Blood Pressure Results (Date 01 Feb 2008) 24hr monitored
Avg - Systolic -115
Avg - Diastolic-73
Heart rate - Avg - 67

EKG Results (Date 28 Jan 2008)
Normal echo study
Normal LV systolic and diastolic function
LVEF 65%
No segmental wall motion abnormality

Also my ECG reports also were normal.

Thanks and Regards,
Shashi.
 Dr. A. Madia - Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:57 pm

User avatar Hi Shashi,

I am in total agreement with the diagnosis given to you that your chest pains are non significant and need not worry you. After that first episode you seem to have become over conscious about the heart. We call this cardiac neurosis.

But this should be a good trigger for you to exercise regularly, bring your weight back to normal and eat a halthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables. Your low HDL can only come up with exercise.

So stop worrying and start working out!

Apurva

shashi_kolhe - Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:13 am

Thanks a lot for your response Sir..this gives me a huge relief...

Regards,
Shashi

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here