News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Ischemic Heart Disease

Question: middle chest pain thats goes to my neck and lefted shoilder

wendylewis - Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:13 pm

Hello my name is wendy and i'm 25 years old. I'm having pains in the middle of my chest that is going to my neck(throat) and to my lefted arm. When i stand up i get lightheaded can someone help me and tell me what i am having. my throat feels like it is closing
 Dr. A. Madia - Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:27 pm

User avatar Hi Wendy,

You are only 25 years old and a female. At this age in your sex, coronary heart disease is very uncommon.

However you are describing a classic symptom complex related to a heart pain. This being so, it is more likely if this symptom of yours comes along when you do some physical activity. One factor to keep in mind is if there is a history of premature heart disease in your family or a history of familial dyslipidemia [abnormal cholesterol].

Also to consider if you have any diabetes or high blood pressure, whether you smoke or not and if you have a thyroid disorder or not.

I feel mostly at your age the pain is not likely related to the heart. Possibilities are a bronchitis, or a muscle pain. However looking to the classic symptom complex you are having I suggest you check with a physician and get an EKG, an X ray chest, and if necessary an Echocardiogram and a traedmill test.

Apurva

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here