Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cardiology Topics

Question: Loss of circulation, numbness after drinking at party

Kallie - Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:32 pm

Last night I had been drinking and was in a party environment that made me slightly anxious. I started to notice that my hands were clenched into fists from lack of circulation. Within a few minutes my entire body had a very distince tingling feeling. The numbness was most noticable in my hands, arms, and face. I was afraid of passing out because I started having trouble seeing. My hands were completely useless, as I was unable to unclench them for at least an hour. After leaving the party the numbness slowly subsided, but even the next day my hands are still sore. Although this has happened to me before, it has never happened to such a degree or for such a long amount of time. I'm concerned because I have never heard of anything like this.
 DeLWolcott - Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:47 am

This sounds to me like a tension/anxiety attack of some sort, but there are certainly many more possibilities out there. See your physician for blood pressure monitoring and other possible tests to narrow down explanations for these episodes.
 millie - Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:48 pm

hi, for the last few days I have had painful calves and shins and now im experiencing a strange popping sensation under my skin in my legs and arms which isnt painful. Im wondering what it could be. Im worried about the pains in case its do to with circulation and that I might have a clot forming. I do suffer from anxiety and cardiophobia so anything linked to the heart or circulation freaks me out. I would appreciate any advice, thank you.

|