Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cardiology Topics

Question: Palpitation and breathing problem lead to nervous problem?

Mikoyan29 - Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:35 am

Hello doctors,

I am a 22 year old male. In late 2003 during a holiday (to mention after i ate some seafood) i had gotten symptoms of difficulty in breathing and palpitation. This usually happened during evenings and i had trouble sleeping. Once asleep the breathing problem didnt persist.

This lasted for a week and went away on its own. About a week after this i started getting muscle weakness problems starting with the eye and the jaw and then feeling it in other parts of the body. The eyes later also got some floaters which the eye doctor said was debris from the weak eye muscles.I get random nerve twitches as well.

I showed it to doctors who said its nothing but stress. I am sure it is not stress though since i don't feel stressed or lead a very stressfull life I do not smoke and am only a social drinker. I usually ignore the symptoms in my everyday life but once or twice a year the symptoms hit hard, maybe me just noticing them again but they are definately there. Cramped nerves in the hands and legs feeling very dry and sometimes itchy. The nerves also cause crackling. This though is restricted to my hands.... perhaps because i have a habit to keep my head on my arms when i sleep.

When this happens i get frustrated and don't feel like doing anything.

The only family history of ailment from my side is my dads older brother getting a heart attack. Other than that everyone is fit as a tree.

Is this a cardio problem? I got an ECG done recently which was fine, and some other tests like sodium and chlorine were marginally high. Could this all be some vitamin deficiancy? Or a nervous problem? I never get headaches.

Any information will be great, its been 5 years and its getting a bit tidious now.

Best regards
Mikoyan29
 Dr. A. Madia - Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:11 pm

User avatar Hi Mikoyan,

From the description of your symptoms it does not look like a cardiac problem. Unfortunately it does not correlate to any specific diagnoses at all. It is very difficult to advice you on any specific line of action from these data. In such cases we generally advice the person to go for a comprehensive health check up which includes all biochemistry, blood counts, clinical examination, EKG, X rays, and any further tests warranted on the result of these.

I hope I have been of help,

Apurva
 Mikoyan29 - Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:35 am

Thank you doctor...although i have bee through various tests on and off... i have never had a complete medical checkup and i think i will schedule myself for one soon.

|