Question: Chest pain

jenay0721 - Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:25 pm

I am 31 years old with Multiple Sclerosis. Yesterday I woke up with swollen hands and feet. Today the edema is worse and I now have a tightness in my chest with neck and shoulder pain and shortness of breath. Do you feel that this is cardiac related and what should I do? Thank you in advance.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:07 am

User avatar Hi jenay0721,
Swelling of the hands and feet as well as shortness of breath are some of the symptoms of congestive heart failure. Have you also, along with these symptoms, had a weight gain of for instance 3 to 5 lbs. in a short amount of time such as a week or so? You should be evaluated by your doctor to see if this if this could possibly be the problem.

|