News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: MVP question

Laurie Ann - Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:26 pm

I was diagnosed 6 years ago with mvp. I went to my gp a couple of weeks ago because of chest pains followed by a severe headache. He seemed to think it was an aura preceeding a migraine. After pushing a little I got him to agree to schedule another echocardiogram. After having the echo he sent me a letter saying that no mvp was detected?! I'm not sure what to think of that? Which test do I go by. I have always been able to relate to many of the symptoms of MVPS, but have never been formally diagnosed. When I read the book "Confronting MVPS" a light went off for me. I'm curious as to what my next course of action should be? Thanks!
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:12 pm

User avatar Dear Laurie,

If the degree of mvp is very mild, sometimes it can be missed on echocardiogram either by the technician who does the echocardiogram especially if with limited experience or by the cardiologist if the question was not specifically paused to look for or follow-up mvp.

In some of the echocardiogram views, some cardiologists will argue that there is no mvp if its degree is really mild.

i think that there is nothing to worry about.

You can have another echocardiogram in a year or so to see where the mvp stands.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here