Question: MVP question

Laurie Ann - Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:26 pm

I was diagnosed 6 years ago with mvp. I went to my gp a couple of weeks ago because of chest pains followed by a severe headache. He seemed to think it was an aura preceeding a migraine. After pushing a little I got him to agree to schedule another echocardiogram. After having the echo he sent me a letter saying that no mvp was detected?! I'm not sure what to think of that? Which test do I go by. I have always been able to relate to many of the symptoms of MVPS, but have never been formally diagnosed. When I read the book "Confronting MVPS" a light went off for me. I'm curious as to what my next course of action should be? Thanks!
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:12 pm

User avatar Dear Laurie,

If the degree of mvp is very mild, sometimes it can be missed on echocardiogram either by the technician who does the echocardiogram especially if with limited experience or by the cardiologist if the question was not specifically paused to look for or follow-up mvp.

In some of the echocardiogram views, some cardiologists will argue that there is no mvp if its degree is really mild.

i think that there is nothing to worry about.

You can have another echocardiogram in a year or so to see where the mvp stands.

|