Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cardiology Topics

Question: muscle cramp in chest around heart area

niknik - Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:43 pm

for the last four days i have been having a random muscle cramping in my chest around where my heart is. also with this pain is a sudden headache that feels like someone is taking an ice pick and pinging it from inside of my head and sometimes it goes away and sometimes like yesterday it stayed/stays for about three hours. i also have anxiety and do not take meds for it because i can usually control it before it turns in to a full blown attack but this cramping and head ache is not helping that at all- also twice with the heart cramping came a pain almost like arthritis down my left arm in the joints.i have also had a heavy feeling in my legs radiating up to my abdomen like someone has tied a weight ariound me and it just comes with a seemless dulling throbbing pain in tha t entire area (like my blood is not flowing properly) i have had some problems over the last two years after i gave birth to my twins and one was an emergency c- section so i ahve had this same cramping and sharp pains in my tummy but now it is in my heart area. also the anasthesiologist had to do my epidural twice- the first time it was inserted wrong and he said oops-(not what you want to hear) but i still think it was worth it- so needless to say i am also having many back pains- i am not sure if this is all related or if this chest thing is seperate from the others. to put it simply i feel like my body is out of whack- like my blood is not flowing properly and my insides are not right - i do understandd that after children there are going to be some pains and aches but this is different. thanks in advance-
 John Kenyon, CNA - Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:15 pm

It sounds as though you may have several different things going on at once. The one thing that is of greatest concern is of course defining the nature of the cramping pain in your chest. First, if you could describe it as accurately as possible, as well as its location (different people have differing notions of what "the heart area" is) it would be helpful in trying to figure out what may be going on. Meanwhile, the next time you have this sort of episode (chest cramping and headache) it would be very helpful if you could have your blood pressure checked at the time. I realize this may not be possible, but it would be very helpful.

Have you brought all this to the attention of your doctor? That would be the most direct way to determine what may be going on. It is very difficult to guess at a distance.

I hope you'll give us some more details, and that you will also tell your doctor about this series of issues. Good luck to you.

|