News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Problem Breathing through the nose

desiboy - Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:01 pm

Hi, I have a problem breathing through the nose after I eat a meal. 5 minutes after I am done eating and my nose capillaries feel like shrunk and can't breath through the nose. When that happens I feel a little like having a panic attack but I control it and don't let it get me cause I know that the problem can be solved somehow. I don't take any medications and never been. I eat healthy food. Don't know where the problem comes from. Please help me. Thanks.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:58 pm

User avatar Hello -

From the pattern of nasal stuffiness following ingestion of food. it makes me suspect you're allergic to something you're eating. Just the presence of food in the stomach (or its components in the bloodstream) won't cause nasal stuffiness, but if there is a protein allergy or some other specific food allergy, even with the healthiest foods, a reaction can be triggered. Are there specific foods you eat routinely, or at least a food group you like and eat a lot? Usually allergens are protein-based but not always.

If you're unable to find the root cause of this, you may need, at least temporarily, to take an antihistimine to prevent the problem. It's not as unusual as you might think.

Please get back to us about this with any additional information that might apply, but especially as to your diet. We may find there is something you're eating that can be eliminated that will solve the problem.

Best of luck to you. Stay in touch.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here