News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Cardiology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Cardiology Answers List

Forum Name: Cardiology Symptoms

Question: Pain in center of chest, can't take deep breath

burky723 - Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:18 pm

Hello, I need some advise. I am a 51 year old male and have been having pain in the middle of my chest since March. I also can't seem to take a deep breath all the time. I have been to my primary care physician and he did an electrocardigram that was normal also some type of blood test to rule out cancer which was also normal. I also had a chest xray that was fine. He really couldn't give a reason for the pain. I am now seeing a pulmanary doctor who has done a test on my lungs, I don't know exactly what it was but he said that the test was better than anyone he has ever tested. He started me on Nexium, (almost 7 weeks), for possible acid reflux but this doesn't seem to be doing any good. I am at a point where I don't know what to do or where to go. The lung doctor wants me to have a test to rule out asthma but he said he really didn't think that was it either. This has been going on for too long and is a real inconvience. If it is something serious I would like to be able to try and correct it. If its not I just want it to go away. Could you please point me in the right direction. Other than these 2 things I feel fine. Thank you for yor help!
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:23 pm

User avatar Hello -

You seem to have posted your question in two different areas. I already responded to this in the other area where you posted, at some length, so I hope you will look there for my answer.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here